Amy of Eggs on Sunday tagged me for a meme yesterday. Thanks, Amy! Novice that I am, I didn’t even know the meaning of “meme” until I looked it up. I’d seen the word tossed around a few times on other blogs, but, as it had never applied to me before, I hadn’t concerned myself with it too much. Anyway, now that I know, here are my answers to the questions. (Go here if you’re still in the dark about memes.)
What were you doing ten years ago?
I was being homeschooled, singing in my church choir, helping out in the nurseries, writing poetry, enjoying Civil Air Patrol, volunteering at a library, taking drama classes, cooking, and getting over the decision to give up figure skating. I think that, at the time, I was dreaming of being a lawyer or other such nonsense. 😉
What are five non-work things on my to-do list today?
1) work out
2) read another chapter of Karen Horney’s Neurosis and Human Growth
3) read more of Nourishing Traditions, which I received in the mail last week
4) review the budget and continue contemplating the purchase of one fabulous scooter 🙂
5) check the goldens for ticks, then vacuum up the dog hair tumbleweeds floating around on the hard floors
What snacks do you enjoy?
1) apple with Sunbutter
2) cold glass of raw milk
3) fresh veggies and hummus
4) fruit and cheese
5) ice cream! (hey, you asked what I enjoy, not what’s good for me)
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1) never stress about the grocery budget again
2) buy a house in Europe and split my time between the continents
3) fund an organic farm and grass-fed ranch
4) my husband and I would work exclusively in the non-profit world
5) buy the darn scooter! Except maybe I’d spring for a Vespa with all that extra dough…
Where have you lived?
1) Amarillo, TX
2) Rochester, NY
3) Houston, TX: where I mostly grew up
4) Hillsdale, MI: Hillsdale College (wonderful school, God-forsaken location)
5) Katy, TX: just outside of Houston
What jobs have you had?
2) Mowing lawns
3) freelance rep for Parfums Christian Dior
4) Sonic (so embarrassing!)
5) fantastic internship with a non-profit intermediary organization, during which I got to edit a book that’s now in print
6) Ann Taylor
7) customer service at a waste brokering company (weird, I know)
And I am tagging: (no hard feelings if you can’t, or don’t want to, participate)
Stephanie at Keeper of the Home
Tamara at Gluten-Free Blog
Toni at Living to the Hilt
Kayce at I Am Truly Blessed!
Melissa at Ordinary Exultations
I highly recommend checking out Eggs on Sunday, by the way. It’s a great food blog with incredible photographs. I’ve tried several of Amy’s recipes, and they’ve all been delicious.